Master thesis projects - Pierre van Baal
Last updated: December 2003
Date of Master thesis = graduation date
- Mark van Rossum,
Anyons and Bosonization in 2+1 dimensions, Utrecht, 14 March 1991.
- Richard Wolbers, Topological Quantum Field Theories of cohomology
type, Utrecht, 22 August 1991.
- Wybren de Jong, Black out? A disucssion of hair on black holes,
Utrecht, 22 June 1992.
- Patrik Wenckebach, The renormalization group equations,
Leiden, 25 October 1994.
- Joost Kruytzer, Theories describing Quantum systems in a
quasi-classical limit and fundamentally quasi-classical systems,
Leiden, 31 October 1995.
- Tarig Abdalla, The Running Coupling in Lattice Gauge Theories,
Leiden, 26 March 1996.
- Arjan Keurentjes,
Electromagnetic Duality, Leiden, 27 August 1996.
- Eddy Ardonne,
The role of Chern-Simons theory in the quantum Hall effect,
Leiden, 31 maart 1998 (sharing guidance with Jan Zaanen).
- Mark IJsselstein, Wormholes and time travel, Leiden, 15 December
- Otto van Koert, Non-perturbative results in Yang-Mills theory,
Leiden, 29 August 2000.
- Vincent Kooij, Emergent gravity from strongly correlated quantum
sytstem, work done in Oxford as Erasmus exchange student under guidance
of Subir Sarkar and James Binney, Leiden, 22 April 2003.
- Meindert van der Meulen, Instanton models for the vacuum of QCD with
many colours, Master thesis work done in Leiden, degree from Delft,
26 May 2003.
- Mark de Kok, On the Quantum Mechanical Properties of Moving Mirrors
and Schwarzschild Black Holes - and - On the Mathematical Structure of Gauge
Theories, Leiden, 16 December 2003.